Experience a world of colour through the lens of award-winning cinematographer Michael Haluwana.
Lie under the Northern Lights, swim with whales and watch the seasons change before your eyes.
Award-winning cinematographer, Michael Haluwana, is taking you on a journey through vibrant projections and multimedia installations showcasing WA’s colourful land and seascapes.
The exhibition launched on December 10th at The Western Australian Museum Boola Bardip and will run through to the end of January. Trust us, this is one you don’t want to miss.
What To Expect
Be inspired and take your own walk with colour across WA through a series of prints and installations:
- Above & Below Projections: From day through to night, sit back and take in a range of visual discoveries including the incredible Northern Lights.
- Marine Projections: Plunge into the deep blue and feel as though you’re swimming alongside whales, crocs and fish.
- Colour Screens: Watch the seasons change before your eyes across WA as you’re drawn into a rainbow of different places and time.
- Landscape Projections: Walk through rugged ranges and blue coastlines with this installation combining breathtaking footage with projection mapping technology.
- Behind The Scenes: Step behind the camera and see what it takes to capture incredible moments through aerial, landscape, night sky and wildlife.
For Michael, swimming with whale sharks and flying over salt lakes is all in a day’s work.
Director of Aeroture, he has been recognised for his work with National Geographic, BBC (Planet Earth II), and the man himself, Sir David Attenborough. So fair to say, he’s a pretty accomplished guy.
For the last 15 years, his main focus has been on capturing the amazing world around us, from nature and wildlife to the star and the skies, through a series of aerial and landscape photography and cinematography.
Michael has a true passion for astronomy, space and aviation. His work allows him “to truly connect with the land and its creatures, its present, and its history.”
See his amazing work on Instagram.
Or visit aeroture.com.au
Walking With Colour- Cinematic Nature by Michael Haluwana
When: December 10th – January 30th
Where: The Western Australian Museum Boola Bardip
Entry is completely FREE and no bookings are needed, just wander on down and get lost in a magical experience like no other.
Never miss a thing in Perth with the latest Perth events on SoPerth.com.au.