Perth and WA’s dog friendly caravan and camping spots.
It’s great to pack up the car and hit the open road, get out to nature and take in the fresh air.
If you’re looking for somewhere to go on your next family holiday which includes the whole family (including your 4 legged
Before you hit the road though, here are some helpful tips for when you travel with pets:
Before you leave
- Your pet is fully vaccinated and its registration is up-to-date
- Your pet’s name and contact details are clearly marked on a name tag attached to their collar
- You have appropriate transport equipment
- You pack everything your pet will need for the duration of the trip as you may not be able to buy the products when travelling
Remember to pack
- Vaccination papers – vital if you want to leave your pet at a boarding kennel during your trip. Kennels may refuse to take your pet without them
- Food and water bowls/treats
- Grooming equipment
- Toys and blankets/coat
- ‘Pooper scooper’ and/or plastic bags
- Collar and lead
- Remember, some animals react differently to travel and without proper
careit can cause them distress
- Take enough fresh water for them for the journey
- If you are taking your cat or bird, which traditionally do not like to travel, place a blanket or cover over their carry cage in the car, as this can help to keep them calm
- Make sure they do not overheat or get too cold
- Make regular stops to exercise your dog during long journeys
Your guide to dog friendly
accomodation in WA.
With over 100 camping and caravan pet friendly spots throughout WA, you definitely won’t be short on four legged accommodation options.
Australia’s Coral Coast
If your pup(s) are keen for the beach, going for a swim and don’t mind a long drive then heading up to Australia’s Coral Coast will be perfect.
Australia’s Coral Coast has 24 caravan and camping spots that are pet-friendly.
Australian Golden Outback
Take in Australia’s Golden Outback from the Goldfields to Esperance – no doubt your pup would enjoy the
Australia’s Golden Outback has 15 caravan and camping spots that are
Australia’s North West
This would be for
A long drive up to WA’s north is well worth the trip to take in the magical surrounds of the Pilbara and Kimberly’s most unique wilderness experiences with your four-legged friends.
Australia’s North West has 22 caravan and camping spots that are pet-friendly.
Australia’s South West
We all love a getaway down south to Margaret River – but did you ever consider that your pup might enjoy it aswell?
There are even pet friendly wineries and breweries in Margaret River so there is no excuse now.
Australia’s South West has 24 caravan and camping spots that are pet-friendly.
Looking for a staycation?
Why not treat your pup to a staycation getaway – weekend in the valley or a quick trip south to Pinjarra or Peel. Your pup will definitely appreciated the little adventure.
Perth has 21 caravan and camping spot that are pet-friendly.
But before you head off on an adventure with your dog – make sure to visit the Caravan and Camping Show so that you have all the latest a greatest gear for your upcoming trips.
This is a sponsored post for Caravan Industry Association Western Australia – endorsed by So Perth. We value your feedback so please contact us with any thoughts in regards to our sponsored post. Thank you for supporting So Perth and our sponsors.