The Good Food & Wine Show is an essential event on any Perth foodie’s calendar.
As well as being able to sample a huge selection of food and wine, you can see some of your favourite chefs in action and participate in unique cooking demonstrations and masterclasses that will truly excite your taste buds.
The main “celebrity chef” drawcard for this year’s event is Adam Liaw, winner of MasterChef Series 2 and more recently host of SBS’ “Destination Flavour”. Articulate and witty, Adam brings his unique perspective to Australia’s food scene with his Asian-inspired dishes with clean, fresh flavours.
Event Director of the shows, Louise Osborne, says it is fantastic to have such a loved and respected cook on board.
“We are so thrilled to have Adam at the show. Adam’s take on Asian infused dishes is inspirational. He is also very down to earth and I think many people feel they can relate to him. We’re really looking forward to having him at the show and seeing what delicious dishes he cooks!”
Ms Osborne said this year’s Good Food & Wine Show program has been designed to get people thinking about how and why they use certain ingredients, not just the things they stock their pantry with.
“Showcasing the diversity of the food and wine culture in Australia – from family-run businesses to established artisan companies, our best local and interstate chefs and restaurateurs, and mouth-watering national and international street food, there’s no doubt that anyone coming through the doors this year will be set for some fun.
Joining Adam at the Perth show will be:
- Perth’s own Anna Gare, one of Australia’s most popular cooks and cooking-show hosts.
- Miguel Maestre, popular Spanish food host on Channel 10 and the LifeStyle Food Channel.
- Paul West, chef-turned-farmer at River Cottage Australia as seen on the LifeStyle Food Channel.
- Sammy & Bella, 2011 MKR winners, passionate home cooking experts for the LifeStyle Food Channel and resident foodies on Channel 7’s The Morning Show.
Food trucks in attendance at the “Grazing Garden” will be Eat No Evil, The Merrywell Food Truck and Comida do Sul so there’s no chance you’ll come away from the show hungry!
The show is once again held at the Perth Convention & Exhibition CentreAdvertisement
and sessions are at the following times:
- Friday, July 10: 9:30am – 4:30pm / 5:30pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday, July 11: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, July 12: 10:00am – 5:00pm
General admission tickets are $35 (adult) & $29.75 (concession). Access to the VIP Lounge (meet the stars!) and masterclasses is extra – make sure you get in quick if you’re interested as these events always sell out fast.
To purchase tickets or for more information, visit http://goodfoodshow.com.au/