Mount Hawthorn will transform its streets and lanes into a vibrant street festival on the 5th of May.
Mt Hawthorn Streets & Lanes Festival is back in 2019 – On Sunday the 5th of May, Mount Hawthorn will transform its streets and lanes into a vibrant street festival for all ages from noon to 7pm for this his year’s Mt Hawthorn Streets and Lanes Festival.
In 2018 over 45,000 people attended what was hailed by many as the perfect family day out, and similar numbers are expected to once again enjoy a great series of attractions to suit all ages and tastes.
The festival will run from 12pm to 7pm and take place along Oxford Street (from Anzac Road) and along Scarborough Beach Road up to Matlock Street, and throughout surrounding side streets including Flinders, Fairfield and Hobart Streets, and incorporating The Mezz shopping centre.
Highlights of the Mt Hawthorn Streets and Lanes Festival include:
- Live music ranging from jazz to indi rock to acoustic, with entertainment stages featuring bands, DJs, big bands, soloists and local performers
- Food galore with alfresco offerings from local restaurants and cafes;
pop-up street bars
- Family fun including a petting zoo, free activities, billycarts and face painting
- Weird and wonderful art activations throughout the precinct
- A display of classic, vintage, exotic and luxury cars
- A Wellness Zone for local health practitioners offering advice, workshops and demonstrations
- A showcase of the emerging fashion hub in the Mt Hawthorn;
roving entertainers that will perform around the festival all day;
the return of the much loved John Carey Dog Show
The full program for the 2019 event will be released soon. Until then for more information visit mthawthornhub.com.au.