The good news didn’t last long as a new community case is confirmed.
After an earlier announcement that no new cases had been recorded overnight, WA has seen a new local case in the community just confirmed.
The WA Health Department has just recorded one new local case of COVID-19 in the community.
The person presented for a COVID-19 test yesterday as they had attended one of the restaurant locations visited by the confirmed COVID-19 local cases.
The person is now working closely with the contact tracing team, so public exposure sites will be updated.
What we know so far about the community transmission
The person presented for a COVID-19 test yesterday as they had visited one of the known locations of the COVID-19 positive individual.
This new case was picked up in a restaurant setting as the individual had eaten at the Kitchen Inn in Kardinya.
Anybody who visited these five places during the times listed must self-isolate for 14 days and seek a COVID-19 test.
- Northbridge: City China Garden on April 20 between 5pm & 8pm
- Northbridge: Good Fortune Roast Duck House on April 19 between 5pm & 8pm
- Northbridge: Fortune Five Chinese Restaurant on April 18 between 5.30pm & 7pm
- Kardinya: Kitchen Inn, April 18 between 12pm and 2pm Advertisement
- East Victoria Park: Anything La Corner on April 17 between 5:30pm and 8pm
For full list of all venues please visit healthywa.wa.gov.au for further updates.
What does this mean for the 3-day lockdown?
There has been no offical update on whether this community transmission will increase the lockdown duration or not.
More to come.