There will be no Freo doctor this weekend as Perth weather will see easterlies winds instead.
Like clockwork we can always trust the afternoon seabreeze to hit and cool us down on those hot summer days, however this weekend will be a little bit different.
Over the weekend Perth weather will see a series of easterlies hitting our city and blowing all day.
While these easterlies won’t bring the same cooling relief of the Freo doctor seabreeze, Perth beaches will see conditions often only found during the early mornings.
Perth beaches will see glass-like conditions making it perfect for an afternoon dip at the beach to cool down over the weekend. Plus it will also be the perfect time to grab an Instagram snap of the sunset over the calm waters.
Easterlies will continue to blow in Perth through until Monday – with Tuesday to be the first day of westerlies returning – just in time for the predicted Perth weather heatwave with 38C and 39C predicted mid-week.
Perth Weather Forecast
- Saturday 16/1: Max 34 | Sunny. Winds easterly 25 to 40 km/h. Gusts to 75 km/h possible about the Darling Escarpment and foothills in the morning.
- Sunday 17/1: Min 20, Max 36 |Sunny. Winds easterly 25 to 35 km/h becoming light in the evening then becoming easterly 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening. Gusts to 70km/h possible about the Darling Escarpment and foothills in the morning.
- Monday 18/1: Min 23, Max 35 | Mostly sunny. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north in the morning and afternoon. Winds east to northeasterly 25 to 35 km/h tending north to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon. Gusts to 70km/h possible about the Darling Escarpment and foothills in the morning.
- Tuesday 19/1: Min 22, Max 38 | Very hot and sunny. Winds northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting west to southwesterly during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.
- Wednesday 20/1: Min 22, Max 38 | Very hot. Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day.
- Thursday 21/1: Min 23, Max 39 | Very hot. Partly cloudy. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.
TikTok: Chasing sunsets at Mullaloo Beach
Feature image: Tourism Western Australia
Latest Perth news on SoPerth.com.au.