You are now allowed to hit the road in WA when Phase 2 coronavirus travel restrictions come into effect.
It’s almost time to stretch your legs and get some of that sweet sweet WA fresh air now that Phase 2 of the WA coronavirus restrictions are about to be in effect.
Mr McGowan acknowledged the intrastate travel restrictions have been a harsh, but a necessary measure to stop the spread of COVID-19 within WA.
“We understand they have been inconvenient and challenging, and by removing most of the boundaries, I expect many Western Australians will now be able to reconnect with loved ones, and some tourism operations can resume.
But where can and can’t you travel within WA?
Western Australia Regional Boundaries
The new WA Coronavirus Travel Restrictions will now only be 4 regional boundaries within WA:
- Region One: Perth, Peel, Wheatbelt, South West & Great Southern
- Region Two: Mid West, Gascoyne and Pilbara
- Region Three: Goldfields & Esperance region
- Region Four: Kimberley and local government areas within
This means for Perth residents can travel freely to the wheatbelt, South West such as Margaret River region and Great Southern such as Albany. Vic Versa this means residents of these regions are now also free to travel to Peel and Perth region.
As reported earlier, Phase 2 of WA’s coronavirus restrictions will be in effect from May 18th giving tourism operators and hospitality venues 1-week to establish their new rules of engagements both operational and costs within this new normal.
One thing that is certain Perth residents will be biting at the bit for a bit of adventure, hitting the road on Perth’s best road trips, grab some fresh air, take in the stars at Perth and WA’s Top camping spots, and a chance to stretch their legs as soon as they are able.
Perth and WA Travel reads of SoPerth.com.au:
- Camp By The Ocean: Top WA Beach Camping Spots
- 4 Swimming Reasons To Head To Collie For Your Next Road Trip
- 13 Secret Places Nobody Wants To Tell You About In Perth
- Meelup Farmhouse: Your New Favourite Eats & Drinks Down South
- Relax At The South West’s Most Scenic Picnic Spots
- Explore the Most Incredible Swimming Holes in Perth & WA
- WA Travel Inspiration