Rottnest Island listed as number 8 in Lonely Planets guide to the best new openings of 2017.
Lonely Planet has handpicked an essential list of the best new openings and attractions to kick-start your amazing year of travel in 2017.
No doubt for Lonely Planet the toughest part of putting together this list was to pick just 10 openings out of everywhere in the world and Rottnest Island came in at number 8, ahead of Belmond Andean Explorer, Peru and Design Society, Shēnzhèn, China.
The glamping retreat will include 29 luxury eco-tents with ensuites, 10 affordable two bedroom ‘family’ tents as well as 35 budget tents, with prices starting from $75 per night.
While it is very impressive that Rottnest Island made the top 10, South Australia did better than Western Australia with KI Wilderness Trail on Kangaroo Island coming it at number 3.
I guess we can let South Australia have this one.
So Perth’s Top Rottnest Island Experiences
In partnership with Sightseeing Pass Australia here are our top recommended Rottnest Island experiences:
- Catch a ferry From Fremantle or Hillary’s
- Discover Rottnest Island With Coach Tour
- Rottnest Island Bike and Ferry Combo – Hillarys
- Rottnest Experience Bike and Ferry Combo – Perth
- Rottnest Experience Bike and Ferry Combo – Fremantle
- Rottnest Island Segway Tour
- Rottnest Island Historic Train and Tunnels Tour
- Adventure Rottnest