Planning a Melbourne trip, you might want to go via Busselton.
After the announcement of the special Jetstar sale with $89 flights, driving to Busselton and catching your flight to Melbourne will be far cheaper than a direct flight from Perth Airport.
We have crunched the numbers to see if the current Jetstar Busselton to Melbourne cheap flights work out better than a flight from Perth Airport.
The answer is a big YES!
Well if you are willing to drive 2+ hours to Busso of course.
Busselton to Melbourne Flight
Traveling during the set sale travel periods: 25/3 to 6/4, 2020 | 13/4 to 24/6, 2020 | 8/7 to 31/8, 2020.
- Ticket: $89 one way
- Fuel cost: $27-30 (Based on 150c per litre and 8 litres per 100km)
- Parking: $5 day rate parking at Busselton Airport
The estimated one-way total cost from Busselton to Melbourne would be $121-$124. Add an additional $5 for parking per day and then $89 return ticket and $27-30 fuel cost to get back to Perth. You would be looking at approximately a return flight to Melbourne from Busselton for one person from $240.
Perth to Melbourne Flights
Traveling during the same time frame as above.
- Ticket: Cheapest one way ticket $166 with Tiger Air
- Taxi/Uber cost: $30
The estimated one-way total cost from Perth to Melbourne would be $196. Then add $166 for a return ticket and $30 taxi/Uber to get home and you have a total for $390 return flight.
You could look to save approximately $150 per person by grabbing a Busselton to Melbourne flight deal.
The Jetstar Busselton to Melbourne cheap flight details
- Selected travel dates apply: 25/3 to 6/4, 2020 | 13/4 to 24/6, 2020 | 8/7 to 31/8, 2020
- Checked baggage is not included
- Sale ends: 11.59pm AEDT Tuesday 8 October 2019, unless sold out prior
For more information visit jetstar.com/au.
Feature image: @jetstaraustralia