One of Perth’s favourites is now back in action.
The State Buildings reopens its doors this weekend and are delighted to welcome back guests to COMO The Treasury, Wildflower, Long Chim, Petition and The Treasury Lounge and Bar.
“It really is our wonderful guests who make the State Buildings such a special place. We cannot wait to welcome you back into our home and show you just how much we have missed you,” said Byron Wright, General Manager, The State Buildings.
To get you up to speed on what has been happening behind the COVID scenes — there’s a fresh new-look Wine Merchant (now open), a refreshed Post restaurant (reopening in early July) and there will also be a new late-night bar joining the family (opening in July).
The Wine Merchant, which has swung open its doors, is the new social heart of the State Buildings Postal Hall.
It has been carefully designed as a place for enjoyment and conversation —
underscored by staff with an intimate knowledge of wine. The State Buildings invites guests to settle in and select from an extensive list where diversity is bound by deliciousness or choose from an encyclopaedic cellar of wine to take home.
“Wine Merchant is a seductive new space that encourages inclusive bar dining, complete with a brand new menu. A place to commence, linger or complete your State Buildings experience,” added Director of Wine, Emma Farrelly.
“There is a strong focus on our retail offering with everything from biodynamic wine scented candles, to Zalto decanters and pickles from Coogee Common for purchase.”
The State Buildings summary;
- COMO The Treasury is reopening its doors, providing an elegant base to explore the wilder lures of Western Australia, or enjoy a fabulous weekend escape in the heart of Perth.
- COMO Shambhala Urban Escape will be open from 10am – 6pm Wednesday to Sunday, and reservations will be available on Monday and Tuesday by appointment.
- The acclaimed and revered Wildflower welcomes back its guests in Makuru, the season of Fertility and FLOW returns — Head Chef, Matthew Sartori’s two course Fast Lunch Option at Wildflower. Open Friday lunch, 12 – 3pm and Thursday to Saturday, 5:30pm – late.
- As winter cools down the city, David Thompson’s Long Chim is about to heat up again in the basement of The State Buildings – a triumph of casual dining, combining traditional street food with contemporary flavours. Open Wednesday to Sunday, 5pm – late.
- Linger over lunch or ease into the evening with all of your cult favourites at Petition. Open Monday to Sunday, 7am – late.
- Settle in by the fireplace for an indulgent seasonal afternoon tea in The Treasury Lounge and Bar. Open Saturday and Sunday, 1pm – 5pm.
- Beer Corner open Tuesday to Saturday, 12pm – late.
To book your dining experience at Wildflower, Long Chim, Petition and The Treasury Lounge and Bar, please visit statebuildings.com.
Need more eats & drinks? We’ve got you covered on where to eat & drink in Perth!
Images supplied by State Buildings.