Join a virtual cocktail masterclass to up your cocktail game.
To cure self-isolation blues, Simply Cocktails will this Friday launch their first Home Five O’Clock-tails video tutorials and virtual mini masterclass on their Facebook Page, so cocktail lovers can shake and stir their favourite tipple in the comfort and safety of their own home.
We all know DIY cocktails at home can sometimes be hit or miss – but now given we are all living the ISO life – is the perfect opportunity to learn a new trick or two and up your cocktail game.
First cocktail masterclass
Get your mates together for the first of Simply Cocktails’ Facebook Live cocktail mini masterclass this Friday (3rd April) at 5pm with Australia’s Scotch Whisky Brand Ambassador of the Year (2019), Mark Hickey teaching you how to create a Cointreau Fizz.
Make a ‘House Party’ of it
For those looking to take the team virtual drinks to a whole other level, jump on the House Party app to the team while you all stream the mini masterclass on Facebook from your computers, allowing you can see how your colleagues’ cocktail making skills fare with hot tips from some of Australia’s leading mixologists.
About the Home Five O’Clock-tails series
This series of live mini masterclasses will take place every Tuesday and Friday until the 30th of June. So for those, like many of us, enjoying a cheeky weekday drink, next Tuesday night (7th April), Danilo Migliorini, mixology maven from Eau De Vie Sydney, will teach you how to shake up the ultimate Tia Maria Espresso ‘Quarantini’.
In addition to the live mini masterclasses, the team behind Simply Cocktails will recruit 100 Australian bartenders from around the country, that are currently out of work due to the current lockdown restrictions, to submit their cocktail tutorial videos.
That’s one cocktail per weekday for 100 days!
So whether you’re missing the famous Remy Martin VSOP at Bar Lafayette by Nathan Arias or the Ginger 43 by Murray Walsh at Mechanics Institute, it’s time to ensure your liquor cabinet is well-stocked with a diverse selection of premium spirits from Cointreau to The Botanist Gin, or Sierra Tequila to The Macallan Whisky.
With the devastating impact of COVID-19 on the hospitality industry closing bars across the nation and leading to 689,800 people already out of work and no doubt many more to lose their jobs, the team behind the Simply Cocktails Facebook Page has stepped in to offer a helping hand to some of our local bartenders who have recently lost their jobs with a new virtual cocktail workshop initiative.
Bartenders from the following venues are getting on board
Full schedule of live mini masterclasses:
- Friday 3rd April: Mark Hickey, Cointreau Fizz
- Tuesday 7th April: Danilo Migliorini, Tia Espresso Martini
- Thursday 9th April: Andy Buntine, Mozart Choc-tails
- Tuesday 14th April: Josh Obrien, Tom Collins
- Friday 17th April: Mark Hickey, Black barrel Daiquiri
- Tuesday 20th April: Andy Buntine, Passoda & Passoa Mule
- Friday 24th April: Mark Hickey, French Mule
- Tuesday 28th April: Danilo Migliorini, Disaronno Sour
- Friday 1st May: Josh O’Brien, Paloma
- Tuesday 5th May: Josh O’Brien, Highball
- Friday 8th May: Andy Buntine, Hot Toddy
- Tuesday 12th May: Mark Hickey, Copa
- Friday 15th May: Luke Hanzlicek, Chaud
- Tuesday 19th May: Mark Hickey, Fiorente Spritz
- Tuesday 25th May: Mark Hickey, Gin & Tonic
- Friday 29th May: Andy Buntine, St Remy Mule
- Tuesday 2nd June: Mark Hickey, Naked Sour
- Friday 5th June: Josh Obrien, V & T
- Tuesday 9th June: Andy Buntine, Licor 43 Smoothie
- Friday 12th June: Josh O’Brien, Metaxa Spritz
- Tuesday 16th June: Andy Buntine, Irish Coffee
- Friday 19th June: Andy Buntine, Boilermaker
- Tuesday 22nd June: Mark Hickey, Opal Mule
- Friday 26th June: Josh O’Brien, Peated highball
- Tuesday 30th June: Josh O’Brien, Old Fashioned
More eats and drinks coronavirus coverage on SoPerth.com.au: