The Perth Royal Show is known and adored for bringing together the city and country in a celebration of food, agriculture, and the West Australian way of life. From farmers and performers to families and thrill-seekers, since 1834, the annual and highly-anticipated event has united people from all over the state.
Showcasing more than 400 entertainers, 300 performances, and endless hours of enjoyment – much being free of charge – the Perth Royal Show is the golden ticket you’ll want to have in your hand.
This year’s show is running from Saturday, September 23 until Saturday, September 30 and tickets are currently on sale. Tickets bought at the gate are more expensive so buy your tickets online now at perthroyalshow.com.au.
Whether you’re down for a scream-inducing rollercoaster ride or a romantic jaunt on the Ferris Wheel, there’s a bounty of carnival rides for punters of all ages and adventure levels.
- For the Kids: the young ones are sure to be impressed with the bouncy Camelot Castle, Fantasy Carousel, carnival Mini Swings, Tea Cups, and Jurassic Temple.
- For the Family: if it’s family-friendly fun you’re after, be sure to try the Cup & Saucer, Kids Ferris Wheel, Taxi Jets, and Runaway Train Rollercoaster.
- For the Extreme: for the fearless, thrill-seeking type, make a beeline for Power Surge, Slingshot, Top Gun, The Aviator, Dodgem Drift 2, and Midnight Express.
Perth’s favourite show is synonymous with show bags and with more than 200 to choose from, you won’t be disappointed. Keep an eye out for the new and oh, so, trendy Barbie Bag. There’s something for all tastes and interests, from the sweet tooths to the footy buffs and everyone in between!
Think pop-culture classics like Harry Potter, Star Wars, The Beatles, and Bluey. Or maybe the lip-smacking treats like Allen’s, Cadbury, and Whistler’s are more your fancy. But if you’re out with the old and in with the new, this year brings the debut of the ACDC and Elvis bags, sure to please the masses.
Animals & Agriculture
If you’re not booking a ticket for the rides and showbags, we’re just about certain it’s for the cute and cuddly animals, the show-jumping horses and skilled sheepdogs. Over the eight days, there’s set to be a crazy 4,000 animals on site. And with the biggest ever animal nursery and new agricultural experience, you won’t want to miss out. Here are a few activities worthy of a gander.
- Animal Nursery: For twitching noses and bundles of cuteness, pat a bunny and cuddle a chick in the Animal Nursery, supported by Lotterywest.
- Dairy Goats: try your hand at bottle-feeding baby goats (also known as kids).
- Horse Show Jumping: check out the impressive horse show jumping competition.
- Wool: ignite your senses as you see and touch some of Australia’s finest fleece at the Sheep Pavilion.
- Amherst Farm: check out the interactive Grains Hub, Farmyard Nursery, Scitech, Sheep Dog Trials, Kids Stage, and Horticulture Hub on Amherst Farm.
- Farm 2 Food: let the kids take over the kitchen on the Kids Kitchen stage at Farm 2 Food.
- Milking Station: stop by for an interactive showcase for kids.
Free Things to See & Do
From daily chef demonstrations and tree pegging competitions to musical performances and duck racing, there are loads of things to see and do at this year’s show.
- Taste WA: taste a variety of local produce every day.
- The Noongar Six Seasons: after 6:00 pm every day, explore The Noongar Six Seasons in a spectacular and show-stopping performance of light, sound, and stunning visuals.
- Drone Show: at 7:50 pm each night, revel in the neon lights as images come to life before your eyes on the Main Arena every night.
- Firework Extravaganza: at 8:15 pm each night, watch the iconic firework spectacle at the Main Arena.
- Community Stage: enjoy a showcase of local talent including bands, dance groups, musicians, and vocalists.
- Agventure Hill: experience this all-new interactive and educational animal and agricultural showcase.
- Wheel of Steel: catch jaw-dropping tricks mid-air on the Wheel of Steel and watch talented circus performers juggle fire and balance upside down.
- Kids Kitchen: let your kids take over the kitchen on the Kids Kitchen stage in Farm 2 Food presented by DPIRD, located in the Woolworth AG Pavilion.
- Wood Chop Competition: revel in this spectacular display of strength, endurance, and skill.
- Outback Dreaming: from 6:15 pm every day, this supercharged, super exciting display brings the country to the city. Think stockmen, horses, 100 dancers, vintage tractors, whip cracking, and live vocals.
- Photography Exhibition: be inspired by the beautiful photographic works of the National Photography competition finalists.
WA’s biggest slide is set to light up the night in the new Neon Alley. With a height of approximately 14 metres and a length of 40 metres, the slide is perfect for all ages.
The New App
To help you plan your show day, download the easy-to-use Perth Royal Show app to purchase your tickets and for up-to-the-minute information about all the happenings you want to know about.
- Search for activities and shows.
- Find your way with in-app trails which provide directions to activities, shows, competitions, and rides.
- Browse the wide selection of showbags on offer.
- Explore the 101 free things to see and do.
- Check out the stage times and schedules for everything happening at the show and don’t miss a thing.
From Saturday, September 23, the Perth Royal Show will be open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm every day for a week.
It’s not every day — it’s Perth Royal Show Day! Don’t miss out on the action and excitement, book your tickets online now. For more information, visit: perthroyalshow.com.au.
This post was sponsored by Perth Royal Show. All images supplied.