Perth Wind is Windy – Weather Warning for Perth
This is a public service announcement from your friends at So Perth..
The good folk at the Weather Bureau of Western Australia are alerting the people of Perth about some seriously gusty winds incoming.
Essentially, it’s probably a good idea to secure the bins, the trampoline and absolutely make sure your pets are safe and sound. They also recommend you use common sense, people.
Here’s what they have to say about the Perth windy weather:
DAMAGING WINDS to 90 kilometres per hour which could result in DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY are possible from around 8:00pm AWST Wednesday night until around 8:00am Thursday morning.
This weather is not typical for this time of year and winds may cause damage to property and make road conditions hazardous.
The Perth Windy warning area is essentially the entire greater Perth metro area, if you count Mandurah and areas just south. So by our calculations 2.15 million people are in the warning area..
Don’t be an idiot, here’s some Donny do’s and don’t’s:
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
More Perth News