Marketing news and events for the week commencing Monday 14 December 2015
Business Station @BizStationInc are running their final social media workshops for the year in Joondalup on Tuesday (15.12) and Wanneroo on Thursday (17.12). They are offering FREE sessions on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and LinkedIn. See the Business Station Eventbrite page here for more details and to book.
@Media_Stable announced during the week that they are bringing their #MeetTheMedia event to Perth in 2016 following their successful Melbourne event in November. Come along to find out from the leading broadcasters and publishers in Australian media what gets a story over the line. Get all the details here.
@tweetperth shared The Year on Twitter 2015 – the best social media moments from Twitter #YearOnTwitter. Twitter recently released a video that contains still imagery, videos and of course tweets that revisit the influential moments that made 2015 so memorable. Check out the story and watch the video here.
5 simple marketing ideas to end 2015
- Prepare your marketing strategy and plan for 2016. Set clear and measurable objectives, allocate responsibilities, and include budgets and action plans. Click here for our tips on what to include in your marketing plan.
- Update your signature block – ensure you’ve included all of your contact information, including a link to your email sign-up and social media buttons.
- Automate your social media over the holidays using free services such as Hootsuite and Buffer to pre-schedule posts.
- Send a personal email to your customers wishing them happy holidays and thanking them for their business in 2015. Include a freebie or special offer to encourage repeat business in 2016.
- Check out the free resources and tips from the Department of Communications and the Arts @CommsAu to grow your business online. Check out the Digital Business site here.
This is our last newsletter for 2015. We wish you a very happy festive season and we’ll be back in 2016!
Let us know about your #perthmarketing news or event. Drop us a line at @MarketingWest or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter for real-time #perthmarketing updates.