Family day out in the Perth Hills Armadale.
It is always the number one question for parents… what are we going to do with the kids this weekend?
But it can’t just be any old thing when deciding on the best things to do with the little ones it has to tick all the boxes.
- It can’t be too far.
- Provide at least a half day of fun.
- Has to be something that will wear them out.
- Food and drink options for when they get hangry.
Luckily the Perth Hills has an array of options that will tick all the boxes above – providing you with 6 options to keep the kids entertained this spring.
Time for that perfect family shot at Raeburn Orchards.
Raeburn Orchards has recently become Insta-famous thanks to their stunning orchards providing colourful fruit and foliage – making for the perfect Instagram opportunities.
Families from all over Perth have gone to all the effort of making their kids scrub up for the day, but to be honest the results are worth it.
See more: Photos from Raeburn Orchards Location
- Where: 4 Raeburn Rd, Roleystone
- Cost: Children under 12 free, Adults $4.00
- More information visit: raeburnorchards.com
Armadale Highland Gathering and the Perth Kilt Run
As the title suggests it is a kilt run but that’s not all that’s on offer for families at the Armadale Highland Gathering and the Perth Kilt Run.
Register the whole family for the 2.5km run and be sure to purchase a kilt (that’s of course if you don’t BYO) to make sure you truly embrace the Scottish spirit.
But the event is so much more than a race. The kids can meet and greet with Scottish dogs and watch the dog agility show.
There will also be free kids activities including free boffer sword fighting, face painting and the greatest game ever – mini golf.
- When: October 6
- Time: 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Where: Minnawarra Park, Corner Orchard Avenue and Armadale Road Armadale
- More information visit: perthkiltrun.com.au
Make Smoking History Kelmscott Show
Looking for something different and out of town? Kelmscott Show ticks the box.
Of course the kids will enjoy the ever-popular sideshow rides and games on the main oval as part of Sideshow Alley, however, there is much more on offer.
The kids will also love the Kids Interactive Zone which is a free attraction offering activities for kids of all ages as they play, create and learn.
Animal lovers will get their fix with a variety of animal shows – most notably is the Pat a Lamb at the sheep section on Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
For the bigger kids that are able to outlast Fat Cat – on Friday and Saturday night the skies will come alive with fireworks.
For more fun things to see and do in the region, visit the Perth Hills Armadale marquee for information, free tastings of local honey from Marshall’s Western Australian Honey, and a visit from Cohunu Koala Park’s adorable koalas on Saturday from 11am-1pm.
- When: October 18 to October 19
- Time: October 18: 4 -10pm, October 19: 9am – 9pm
- Where: Rushton Park, Orlando Street, Kelmscott
- Cost: Adult $16, Children $10, Concession $10, Family $40, Under 5 years Free.
- More information visit: kelmscottshow.com.au
LiveLighter Perth Hills Festival
As the title of the event suggests, LiveLighter Perth Hills Festival will be a fun and healthy event for the family.
‘I Love WA Fruit Kids Corner’ have free fresh fruit packs and fruit and vegetable kebab making for kids.
You can even put them to work on the blender bikes.
There will also be a dedicated kids area with free rides for kids, a bouncy castle and of course, every kids favourite an animal farm.
Of course, a family day out wouldn’t be complete without the kids learning something new. Bus tours running to local orchards, visiting avocado, persimmon and stone fruit orchards – show the kids where the fruit in the supermarkets come from. They don’t just magically appear you know.
- When: October 12
- Time: 9am – 4.30pm
- Where: Old Station Road Karragullen Pavilion and Oval
- Cost: Adults $10, Concession $5, Children $5, Under 12 Free.
- More information visit: perthhillsfestival.org.au
Jarrahdale Log Chop and Serpentine Jarrahdale Lions Country Fair
The Jarrahdale Log Chop and SJ Lions Country Fair event is to be held on Sunday 6th October, on Jarrahdale Oval, Nettleton Road Jarrahdale.
It remains WA’s biggest Wood Chop with country fair commencing 10 am onwards with free entry.
There are numerous attractions, rides and stalls that make this fair an affordable family day out.
There will be over 70 stalls, including small goods sales, agriculture displays, sales of local produce, demonstrations by local groups, rides for children, and even a licensed bar and musical entertainment for the adults.
- When: October 6
- Time: 10am – 4.30pm
- Where: Jarrahdale Oval, Nettleton Road, Jarrahdale
- Cost: Free
- More information visit: perthhillsarmadale.com.au
Perth Hills Playgrounds
Not keen on heading to a festival with the kids? We get that, it might not be for your little ones – but one thing we do know is that they love playgrounds.
While obviously not just limited to spring time, the Perth Hills are also home to a number of playgrounds from pirate ships to nature play you will be sure to find the perfect spot for the kids to run riot.
- Frye Park ship playground, Kelmscott
- Borello Park, Roleystone
- Memorial Park, Armadale * recently upgraded with a railway theme
- Robot Park, Mason Road, Forrestdale
- Piara Waters Sporting Complex, Wright Road (small playground)
- Piara Waters Aspiri Estate, Aspiri Promenade
- Holland Park Estate Playground, Forrestdale
- Armadale Skate Park, Orchard Avenue
- Heron Park, Harrisdale (nature based play area with a flying fox and BBQ facilities)
- Reg Williams Reserve (the ultimate playground with a bike circuit, play equipment, basketball courts and skate park)
- Shipwreck Park, Hilbert
Spring and win
Don’t forget to capture your springtime family adventures in the Perth Hills Armadale and upload your photos to be in the running to win an iPad.
Follow us on Facebook at @PerthHillsArmadale for all your springtime inspiration.
Entries open 1 August to 15 November 2019. Visit perthhillsarmadale.com.au for Terms and Conditions.
Full list of Armadale and Perth Hills spring events
See the full list of events from August to November in Perth Hills Armadale.
Download: Spring Into Armadale Events Guide
Feature image: Follow @perth_gram
This is a sponsored post for Perth Hills Armadale Visitor Guide Campaign – by the City of Armadale – endorsed by So Perth. We value your feedback so please contact us with any questions on our sponsored post. Thank you for supporting So Perth and our local partners.