The latest Perth weather forecast for the weekend is warning that WA could see a month’s worth of rain in just four days.
It’s not every day, especially in Perth, that the Bureau of Meteorology forecasts up to a month’s worth of rain to fall in four days.
So say goodbye to those perfect Perth blue skies as the rain is coming.
From early Sunday morning, a monster cold front is expected to hit WA, bringing with it significant rainfall to Perth, the South West and even reaching into the Mid West.
When the cold front hit’s on Sunday it is expected up to 45mm of rain will fall.
The wet Perth weather is then expected to continue into the week when Monday could see up to 35mm and then up to 10mm for Tuesday and Wednesday as the wet weather continues into the week.
Perth rainfall figures
If Perth does experience the predicted rain falls it could see us reach last years total for August with well over half a month to go and top the total rainfall for July in just a few days.
While Perth had a wetter than usual start to the year with above average rainfall in February, March and May, winter to date has been well-below average.
7 Day Perth Weather Forecast
Make sure you if you are venturing outside from Sunday to wear a jacket and take an umbrella.
- Friday: 5 Min, 18 Max – Mostly sunny
- Saturday: 8 Min, 21 Max – Partly cloudy
- Sunday: 11 Min, 19 Max – Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of showers. A thunderstorm likely
- Monday: 10 Min, 17 Max – Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of showers. A thunderstorm likely
- Tuesday: 11 Min, 17 Max – Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely during the morning
- Wednesday: 10 Min, 17 Max – Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm
- Thursday: 9 Min, 19 Max – Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers
Watch: Perth storm in February blankets Optus Stadium
More Perth news and Perth weather on SoPerth.com.au.
For further weather updates and alerts visit bom.gov.au/wa.
Feature image: Twitter – @susancantchoose