We’re almost midway through winter and some days, you’d hardly know it since we’re often super spoilt with sunshine here in Perth, but on others, you need a cosy destination with a big ol’ fireplace. The last few weeks, we’ve had both — beautiful sunny day but rather chilly evenings that have you thinking twice about leaving the house.
To help you stay warm while getting out and about, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite bars and restaurants in Perth with fireplaces — we’ll see you over at the next table, tucking into some carb-alicious comfort food.
The Rose & Crown
The state’s oldest and still one of the best pubs around Perth, The Rose & Crown has gas fireplaces inside, but for the real thing, head out to the beer garden fire pit and enjoy a feed in front of the flames.
- Location: 105 Swan St, Guildford
- Website: rosecrown.com.au
The Cabin Small Bar
Nothing says cosy winter night drinks like a hunting lodge setting, and The Cabin is complete with comfy brown leather couches, dimmed lighting, and deer heads perched up on an exposed brick wall. Get in early and score your place by the fire.
- Location: 174 Scarborough Beach Rd, Mount Hawthorn
- Website: cabinbar.com.au
The Guildford Hotel
As a building with so much heritage charm, it’s no surprise the Guildford Hotel keeps up with the cosy vibes during winter. Not only do they sling out a bloody good chicken parma and some of the juiciest smoked meats around town, but they’ve also got a snug little fireplace set in front of vintage armchairs.
- Location: 159 James St, Guildford
- Website: theguildfordhotel.com.au
The Henley Brook Tavern
Nestled on a three-acre paddock, The Henley Brook is home to a pretty legendary beer garden and a double-sided fireplace inside. Get your hands on one of their tasty craft beers and get snug on a rainy day.
- Location: 9810 W Swan Rd, Henley Brook
- Website: thehenleybrook.com.au
With a seasonal menu of dishes to warm your tummy and an equally warm fire to fight off the chill, The Stables has no downsides when it comes to a wintery night out and about sipping on cocktails.
- Location: 888 Hay St, Perth
- Website: thestablesbar.com.au
The Brisbane Hotel
The always popular Brisbane Hotel gives comfort food a whole new meaning. They make it work in all seasons with a palm-filled beer garden for summer hangs and a toasty fire to lock in the warmth over winter.
- Location: 292 Beaufort St, Perth
- Website: thebrisbanehotel.com.au
A stunning Scandi-inspired spot in Scarbs, SKØL was set up in the back courtyard of Drift Cafe. They’ve got a charming little fireplace that sits right near the entrance and fits all the minimalist feels of the place.
- Location: 35 Ewen St, Scarborough
- Website: skolbar.com.au
Fitting right into the South Freo scene, Percy Flint serves up killer cocktails, yummy eats, craft beers, and mulled wine in a relaxing atmosphere complete with a fireplace.
- Location: 211 South Terrace, South Fremantle
- Website: percyflintsouthfreo
If there’s one thing Vic Park is good for, it’s a fabulous foodie find — The Balmoral being no exception. Popular among locals as a spot to catch the game or sink a few pints, they’ve also got a toasty fireplace on site.
- Location: 901 Albany Hwy, Victoria Park
- Website: thebalmoral.com.au
Mrs Brown Bar
You’ll find this fireplace outside in the courtyard to warm up your fingers on a cool winter evening, alongside an intimate little bar with a strong emphasis on the drink of the season: wine.
- Location: 241 Queen Victoria St, North Fremantle
- Website: mrsbrownbar.com.au
We’re complete suckers for exposed brick interiors and a fully functional wood fire in the winter, so you’ll no doubt find us at The Queens grabbing some hearty pub food in front of the flames.
- Location: 520 Beaufort St, Highgate
- Website: thequeens.com.au
The Oxford Hotel
The rustic charm from 1906 remains at the Oxford, sitting pretty in the heart of Leederville and serving up filling plates and fresh drinks with a delightful fireplace to find inside.
- Location: 368 Oxford St, Leederville
- Website: theoxford.com.au
Seriously, name a better fire pit than the one at Alfred’s…we’ll wait. You’ll generally find this place packed despite the cold, with crowds pulled in by famous homemade burgers and then gathering around the fireplace to stay warm.
- Location: Cnr Meadow &, James St, Guildford
- Website: alfredskitchen.com.au
During renovations, Picabar found a fireplace covered by brick just by the bar that they decided to revive for a toasty warm spot among their tasty drinks and sensational hot chips. And we didn’t think the long-time fave could even get any better.
- Location: 51 James St, Northbridge
- Website: picabar.com.au
Stuffing your face with comforting Italian food has to be one of the best perks of winter, and Julio’s is a damn good place to do it. The exposed brick space sports some super cosy restored fireplaces and mighty good eats — what more could you want?
- Location: 1309 Hay St, West Perth
- Website: julios.com.au
Not just one fireplace, but multiple, The Windsor is coming in hot on the list. It’s one of the most iconic bars in Perth with its own brewery on-site. They’ve also just launched a Winter Warmers menu which looks fabulous — from a Sunday Roast to the Sri Lankan Curry, they complement the fireplace vibes perfectly.
- Location: 112 Mill Point Rd, South Perth
- Website: windsorhotelsouthperth.com
Given the usual drunken haze in which many view this popular resort-themed bar, you may not have noticed that they actually have an outdoor fireplace to enjoy a cocktail in front of. You’re welcome.
- Location: 69 Aberdeen St, Northbridge
- Website: lavishhabits.com.au
The Parkerville Tavern
A family favourite and also a perfect winter warmer with fireplaces to stay wrapped in the heat, The Parkverville is an ultimate pick for a pub grub fam catch up in winter.
- Location: 6 Owen Rd, Parkerville
- Website: parkervilletavern.com.au
Where’s your warm winter favourite?
More eats and drinks on So Perth:
- Grab A Pint At The Best Pubs In Perth
- Feel The Burn With Perth’s Best Thai Food
- Bottomless Brunches Are Back, So Cheers To That
- 18 Of The Best Wine Bars In Perth To Sip At
So Perth Foodie guide: Latest Perth Food & Drink News and Where To Eat in Perth.