Things to do at the Tiny House in Pemberton? Absolutely nothing!
We’d like to welcome you to Ryan’s Rest. If you have been on TikTok and Instagram, this Tiny House has been causing quite the viral waves.
Before we go any further though we do have to note that this Airbnb is booked out for the rest of the year already; however, it is just too amazing not to still talk about it.
Ryan’s Rest is a place for you to reconnect with loved ones, the land and with nature.
A place to recharge and retreat, close your eyes, breathe in, smell the fresh air, unwind.
Dare we say it, even a place to unplug for a digital detox and get off the grid to truly enjoy the best of nature.
And, to be honest, after the year that was 2020 and the not so smooth start to 2021 who wouldn’t look forward to such an opportunity.
“An island of comfort and calm isolated in an inspiring landscape”
A bit about the Tiny House
The Tiny House is very well equipped, making it an experience far removed from camping – in a space exclusively for you and your loved ones.
The Tiny House may be small in size but it packs a lot – a full-size queen bed downstairs and a double bed in the loft (accessed by a ladder).
Not to make it too removed from the real world, there is also hot & cold running water, a well-equipped kitchen with a fridge/freezer and a two-burner gas stovetop.
Plus there is a full-sized bathroom, shower, vanity and, inside and outside, composting toilets.
Then to finish it all off, there is also an outdoor patio area with a gas hooded barbecue and a fire pit.
Then simply sit back and relax to the sounds of peace and nature… or if you want to sync your favourite playlist with the speaker provided and rock the valley.
Tiny House location
Located on a beautiful farming property 15 minutes from Pemberton, nestled amongst the majestic Karri trees and with a 3 km Warren River frontage.
There is up to 10km of gravel road leading to Ryan’s Rest. At certain times of the year, there may be corrugations or potholes.
Telstra and Vodafone (patchy en route) services are available on-site, but not Optus. Please download or confirm directions before leaving the nearest town.
Things to do at the Tiny House
What are the recommended things to do at Ryan’s Rest? Well nothing really!
- Sit, drink tea (wine or beer will work)……ponder…..
- Wild Swim, wallow, wade, paddle
- Head off by canoe to explore the dam
- Snare a Marron
- Storytime around the firepit
- Toast marshmallows by the fire under a sky filled with stars
- Stargaze from our Stargazing Hammock
- Fish for Trout (rod and tackle provided)
- Explore the cattle trails
- Walk the Munda Biddi trail from camp (Mayor Rd to Piggott Rd approx 6km)
- Birdwatch (binoculars provided)
- Play an outdoor game; Finska, Noppa, Quoits, Bocce
- Play an indoor game; Cards, Monopoly, Scrabble, Chess, Backgammon
- Learn to play the ukulele, instrument and book provided
- Mindfulness Colouring; book and pencils provided
- Finally, catch up on that book you have been meaning to read for years
- Cycle the Munda Biddi (perhaps into Pemberton and return)
- Take a farm tour
- Explore Pemberton – incredible scenery and food
- Create and share an amazing meal made from Southern Forest produce
- Practice a Nature Therapy; Dadirri or Shinrin-yoku (guidelines in Guest Book)
For Booking: Tiny house hosted by Jo
For more information and booking availability visit airbnb.com.
Further Airbnb stays near Pemberton
Explore more of WA with our best of Western Australia travel on SoPerth.com.au.